If there’s ever been a year for self compassion quotes, it’s this one.
Times are tough around the world, and people everywhere need a bit of spiritual relief.
And there’s no better way than showing yourself a bit of love.
9 great ways to make make self-compassion quotes and affirmations part of your daily routine
Self-compassion is a skill that many people are unfamiliar with, but that can easily be learned.
Crucially, this skill can help you cope with difficult emotions and thoughts.
It’s a welcome alternative to being self-critical, which only makes things worse.
And one way of making self-compassion part of your life is to use affirmations.
Affirmations are a powerful tool for self-improvement. They are positive statements that you repeat to yourself.
They should be specific, believable, and personal. You should also say them with conviction and as if they were already true.
Self-compassion affirmations in particular can help you to change your thoughts and beliefs about yourself, which in turn can lead to changes in your behavior.
Below are 9 simple tips on how to make affirmations part of your daily routine:
- Write down the affirmation on a piece of paper or index card and carry it with you.
- You can also write them down on a computer or phone, and email them to yourself.
- You can listen to recordings of affirmations while you sleep.
- Repeat the affirmation out loud every day, preferably at least three times a day.
- Make sure that you say the affirmation with conviction and belief in yourself.
- You can draw pictures of what your affirmations represent to you .
- Keep repeating the affirmation until you believe it is true for you.
- You can post them around your home or office.
- You can use an app that generates affirmations for you.
Here they are: the 35 best self compassion quotes
- “I am not my thoughts, and my thoughts are not me.”
- “I’m okay even when I’m not okay.”
- “Even when the world is too much, there is always one person who is there for you, and that’s you.”
- “I am doing the best I can.”
- “I love and accept myself, even when I’m angry or anxious.”
- “I will treat myself with kindness and respect.”
- “I care about myself enough to want the best for me.”
- “One cannot act with true compassion without experiencing it.”
- “It’s only when we feel so completely overwhelmed by our own inadequacy that we can allow ourselves to become our own best friend.”
- “The irony of self-compassion is that you’re actually extending love to yourself.”
- “Be kind to yourself. Be gentle with yourself. Be patient and understanding with yourself. Take care of yourself.”
- “I am good enough. I am strong enough. I am brave enough. I am smart enough. I am loved enough.”
- “We all have the potential to be our own best friend, and we need to remember that when we’re in tough times.”
- “You cannot be kind to someone else until you are kind to yourself.”
- “A loving person lives in their heart.”
- “It’s not selfish to put yourself first, it’s necessary.”
- “You’re not fragile; you can handle anything.”
- “Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.”
- “There is no need to struggle to be what you are not. Know who you are, and express that.”
- “Don’t compare your beginning to someone else’s middle. It will only make you sad.”
- “Love yourself. You are beautiful.”
- “You deserve kindness and happiness.”
- “You deserve to be happy and fulfilled.”
- “You deserve to be whole and complete.”
- “I am worthy of love and belonging.”
- “I am enough.”
- “The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.”
- “Don’t wait until you’re perfect to be kind to yourself.”
- “When we treat ourselves kindly, we are able to be more present and engaged with others. It’s not a form of selfishness, it’s a form of generosity.”
- “Self-compassion is not self-indulgence, it’s self-care.”
- “Self-compassion is unconditional love.”
- “The way we nurture ourselves is the way we nurture our world”
- “I am worthy of my own love. and I am worthy of respect.”
- “Whatever you do, do it with kindness.”
- “I give myself permission to be happy.”
Photo: by Raychan on Unsplash