Some of the sad quotes about love that we’ve listed below will actually put a smile on your face. Hopefully these inspirational quotes about sadness and loss will make you feel better, even when you’re feeling down and are sure that there’s no chance of ever finding love again.
Why read sad quotes? Won’t that just make you sadder?
Not necessarily. In fact, quotes about sadness can provide comfort and remind us that we are not alone.
These quotes are mostly about how everyone’s situation is different and that we shouldn’t compare our lives to other people’s lives.
Some of these quotes are even more motivational than they sound at first glance. Take for example these two quotes:
- “Don’t compare your beginning with someone else’s middle.”
- “Be content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are.”
Both of these are about being happy with where you’re at in life, rather than being envious of other people and wishing your life was different.
These quotes encourage us to see that it is okay to not be perfect, and that we should appreciate what we have while
So without further ado, here are some of the best sad quotes:
Sad quotes about love
These sad quotes about love will help you feel better. Whether you need motivation or just want to feel better, these quotes will resonate with you and even help bring some joy into your life.
- “I’ll be okay, but I can’t be happy right now.”
- “It’s hard to find happiness when you feel like you’ve failed, or that you’re never going to get what you want.”
- “It was like I was conjuring up this sadness and it was just spilling out of me.”
- “Everybody has a sadness they can’t seem to shake.”
- “I’m doing my best to stay positive because that’s what gets me through the day”
- “I’m not sad, I’m just tired. And my heart is tired”
Sad quotes about life
Sometimes a few sad quotes about life can actually make you feel better, because they give you a release. The next time you’re feeling down and out, read these quotes to help lighten up your mood.
- “I realise now that the person I used to be is not the person I am.”
- “I don’t feel alive anymore.”
- “Life is full of things I can’t control.”
- “I’ve been trying to go on living like nothing has changed, but it’s too hard.”
- “I’m not happy. I’m not sad. I’m not anything.”
- “Why am I still here?”
- “Out of nowhere, the pain just came back.”
- “Sadness lives in a house on a dark street with no name.”
- “I’m not looking for someone to complete me. I’m looking for someone who accepts me.”
- “I just need some time alone.”
- “No matter how clear the ending, I will always wonder what would have happened if I had tried.”
Sad relationship quotes
Relationships are hard and it can be pretty sad when they end, so these quotes about relationships will help you get through the sad moments.
A relationship is an act of love in which one person meets the other’s desire for intimacy and belongingness. Relationships are created when two people agree to allow their vulnerabilities to show, and they might take turns meeting each other’s needs.
A relationship can be built around similarities or differences, it doesn’t matter what the past has been because it is all about what you want the future to be.
- “No one can make you feel bad without your consent.”
- “A person who really loves you will not make you feel bad about yourself.”
- “Love is like an onion, even after you peel it off there are still layers that need to be peeled off.”
- “Caring for someone more than they care for you is a form of emotional disaster.”
- “We all share the same stories, we all share the same scars, and somehow, we all share the same love.”
- “The only thing worse than being lonely is having someone who makes you feel lonely.”
- “There are a lot of people who act like they want to be in love, but they don’t really want to be in love. They want the feeling that being in love gives them.”
Feeling sad quotes
Feeling sad quotes should be treated with care and respect. Even though the quotes are about sadness, they still have a positive motive.
The writers of these quotes didn’t intend for them to make people feel worse or depressed. The writers of these quotes want to help people deal with the sadness that is happening in their lives.
- “I’m so sorry, but I can’t be with you. I’m just too sad.”
- “I’m sorry. I don’t want to talk about it.”
- “It makes me sad to think that we are so happy in love and yet so unhappy when we are not together.”
- “I’m not a very happy person. I think I’m the only person I’ve ever met that isn’t happy. I’m always sad.”
- “There’s always a hole inside me. Sometimes it’s empty, sometimes it’s full.”
- “Life is tough. Life is hard. Sometimes life is so hard that you can barely breathe.”
- “If it weren’t for the fact that the sun is so hot, the earth would probably be frozen solid. That’s what sadness does to you. It freezes your heart so that nothing feels good anymore.”
- “You can’t save people from their own sadness. All you can do is share with them.”
Sad goodbyes quotes
The word “goodbye” is so hard to say, especially when you’re saying it for the first time. You never know what the future might bring, but you have to let go of the past.
- “I wish you good luck, but I have to say goodbye.”
- “It’s so hard to say goodbye, but I’ll always cherish the time we had.”
- “Separation from those we love is never easy, but it must be faced with courage.”
- “When a loved one leaves, it is often difficult to let go. But we must not forget the promise we make to ourselves and to them.”
- “You’re the one who is leaving, and you’re telling me to be strong?”
- “It’s not goodbye, it’s I’ll see you later.”
- “There’s a big difference between a sad goodbye and a goodbye with the hope of a new beginning.”
- “This is the hardest part of leaving. You cannot see the future, and you do not know if you will find what you are looking for.”
- “You should always leave loved ones with loving words.”
Short sad quotes
Short sad quotes are perfect for situations where space is limited, like a text message. Every situation has its own appropriate emotional response. For instance, when you’re trying to make someone feel better after they’ve been let down by their partner, then it might be better to use a short sad quote that helps them feel understood, rather than a long message.
- “I know what it’s like to feel sadness, it’s like a dark cloud above your head.”
- “I never knew what sadness was until I lost you.”
- “I’m sad because I don’t have anyone to share my life with.”
- “I’m sad because everyone’s sad.”
- “Sadness is not the opposite of happiness, it’s a part of it.”
- “To lose someone you love is to lose yourself.”
- “I try to think about all the happy moments we shared, but all I can remember are the sad ones.”
- “The sadness doesn’t matter. What matters is that we can make it through the pain together.”
- “Sadness is like surviving a war, but there’s no peace at the end.”
Sad loneliness quotes
Some days it feels like there is no one in the world who understands you. You feel alone in your own home. But, you are not the only one. You are not the only one who has had those thoughts or felt that way. There is always someone out there who knows what it’s like to be you and who will understand and listen to what you’re going through.
- “I feel so lonely and so melancholy. I feel like I’m in the wrong place.”
- “I feel so alone. It’s like the rest of the world is moving past me and I’m stuck in one place.”
- “I reached out to grasp the hand of my savior, only to find myself grasping at air.”
- “I wanted to feel someone’s arm around me, but I was all alone.”
- “My mind became a prison of my own thoughts, drowning in the echoes of my own loneliness.”
- “Loneliness is a feeling that you feel because you think that no one likes you. You need to know that people will like you if you just give them a chance.”
- “I’m lonely because I want someone to love me and I want someone to love in return.”
- “It is a paradox that some of the loneliest people are those who long to be alone.”
Sad broken hearts quotes
This section contains quotes about sadness and broken hearts. There’s a lot of strong emotions that are sometimes hard to share with other people due to their vulnerability. The following are some of the best quotes about sadness and broken hearts from various authors.
- “I never want us to be apart again. I never want to lose you again.”
- “I will love you until my heart stops beating.”
- “A heart that breaks, Is always trying to mend.”
- “If we’re not always bouncing back, then it’s time to stop giving up.”
- “Loving someone is worth the risk of being hurt. Right?”
- “We rise and we fall in love, but we can’t choose which one at which time.”
- “You can’t heal the pain of losing someone you love.”
- “I am so sad that I love you.”
- “I think the saddest love is unrequited love. That’s the love that hurts the most.”
- “I’m too scared to love because I don’t want to get hurt.”
Don’t be sad quotes
These “don’t be sad” quotes and phrases are meant to provide encouragement in the form of words.
- “You are not a mistake.”
- “It’s okay to not be okay.”
- “You are stronger than anything that’s happened to you.”
- “Even when you’re in the thick of it, you can still find your way”
- “And it’s okay to cry, because that’s the way you let go”
- “Don’t be sad, because there is a light in this fight”
- “Another chapter has to end before a new one can begin.”
- “Don’t worry about things you can’t control. Focus on the things you can control.”
- “Everything happens for a reason, everything is to teach you a lesson.”
- “Stay strong and don’t let your emotions consume you.”
- “Everyone will have hard times in life, but you can overcome them.”
- “You can’t change your past, but you can make your future better.”
Conclusion: Why Sadness Quotes Can Make People Feel Better
Sadness is a natural human emotion. Letting ourselves feel sad sometimes can help to heal.
Quotes about sadness can make people feel better.
They may help to make people feel understood, and less alone. They allow you to feel what the author of the quote felt, and see things from a different perspective.
Sad quotes can be for any reason – they could be by people who lost someone they loved, or someone who had their dreams crushed.
Or even just by people who were afraid of change and wanted to stay in the same place forever.
Even if it’s just for a moment, it’s important to remember that you’re loved.