Sometimes, for whatever reason, a condolences SMS or text might make more sense than an email or a written letter.
Below, we provide some samples of short condolence messages that you can use for a condolences SMS or text message.
Condolences messages: by card or text message?
While sending condolences by SMS is okay, consider as well the possibility of an old-fashioned card or phone call; the extra effort that they entail will be much appreciated.
- I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you are surrounded by those who love and support you through this difficult time.
- I want to offer you my thoughts of comfort during this sorrowful time. I hope you are feeling the love of your heavenly Father.
- I send you my condolences during this sorrowful time. I am sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
- I hope these words will help in some small way to ease the grief you feel in the loss of your loved one.
- I am so sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts and prayers during this sorrowful time. I hope you treasure the memories you have of __. [He/She] will be greatly missed.
- This is a sorrowful time for all of you as you grieve the loss of __. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.
- We are thinking of you and sending our condolences during this difficult time.
- We know that this will be a sorrowful time and we send our thoughts and prayers to you and your family and friends.
- We are deeply saddened by the loss of your grandfather. He was a treasured member of your family.
- It is natural to feel grief when someone we love passes away. We want you to know that you are not alone in your grief.
- I’m so sorry to hear of your loss. I hope these words can offer you some comfort during this difficult time.
- You are in my thoughts during this time of sorrow. I know it’s tough, but I’ll be here for you.
- I’m sorry to hear about your loss. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
- I wish I had the words to comfort you in this difficult time.
- I am thinking of you and your family during this difficult time. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Signing off: 21 perfect ways to close a short condolences SMS
How you end your condolence message also matters.
The below examples can also be used for condolence letters, flowers, gift baskets, etc.
Again, mind the small details.
- Be well
- Deepest condolences
- Hugs & kisses
- In sympathy
- Lots of love
- My deepest condolences
- Take care
- Thinking of you
- Warm wishes
- Wishing you peace
- Wishing you the best
- With love
- With love and compassion
- Your friend
- Yours lovingly
Related condolences links:
Photo: by Sam Lion from Pexels
Don’t miss out on this unique astrological opportunity!
Are you tired of spinning your wheels and getting nowhere? Well, there’s a reason you can’t get to where you want to go.
Simply put, you’re out of sync: you're out of alignment with your astral configuration.
But: there’s a kind of map that can help you find your alignment. Think of it as your own personal blueprint to success and happiness: a personal blueprint that will help you live your most amazing life. Find out more here!