Karma quotes help remind us that karma is a powerful force, and can shape our lives in ways we never thought possible.
Sometimes bad things happen to good people and there’s nothing we can do
These 86 quotes about karma listed below will inspire you to live your life with intention, and to be mindful of the actions you take.
What you will learn in this article:
What does karma mean?
As Alicia Keys once sang, “What goes around comes around / What goes up must come down.”
And indeed, that’s what the word “karma” is all about. It’s a Sanskrit term that refers to the Hindu concept of cause and effect.
In other words, what you put out into the world will come back to you.
Positive karma means good things will happen to you because you’ve done good things, while negative karma means bad things will happen to you because you’ve done bad things.
The history of karma: from East to West
Karma is a central tenet of Hinduism, Buddhism, and other traditional Eastern religions. But the concept has also been adopted by Westerners in recent years.
In the West, karma is often seen as a kind of cosmic justice system.
So if something bad happens to someone, it’s because they must have done something bad in a past life.
Likewise, if someone is very successful, it’s because they did good deeds in a previous life.
This way of thinking about karma can be helpful because it reminds us that we’re not always in control of what happens to us.
Why does karma matter?
It’s important to note that karma isn’t just about revenge or getting even with someone. It’s about the idea that your actions have consequences, and those consequences will come back to you eventually.
So if you want good things to happen to you, it’s important to be a good person and do good deeds. The same goes for if you want bad things to happen to you.
What are the 3 types of karma?
There are three main types of karma:
- Sanchita Karma: this is the sum total of all the karma you’ve ever accumulated in your past lives. It’s like a bank account that you can’t see, but it’s there nonetheless…
- Prarabdha Karma: this is the portion of your Sanchita Karma that’s ready to be experienced in this lifetime. Think of it as the interest that’s been accrued on your karma bank account.
- Kriyamana Karma: this is the karma you’re creating in this lifetime. Every time you do something, good or bad, you’re adding to your Kriyamana Karma.
So remember, what goes around, comes around. Be careful of the actions you take and the words you speak, because they will have consequences… eventually.
The 86 most inspiring karma quotes
Conclusion: how knowing more about karma can improve your own life
Karma is a powerful force, and understanding it can help you live a better life.
If you want good things to happen to you, make sure you’re doing good deeds. Likewise, if you don’t want bad things to happen to you, avoid doing bad deeds.
It’s also important to remember that we’re not always in control of what happens to us.
Sometimes bad things happen to good people, and there’s nothing we can do about it.
But knowing that karma exists can help us make peace with the difficult moments in our lives.
Thanks for reading!
Check out some of our other posts for even more inspiring quotes and affirmations!
- Eating well and exercising are important to losing weight, but sometimes you need something more. That’s where positive weight loss affirmations come in.
- Take control of your money mindset! Start each day with these affirmations for money to boost your financial security.
- Looking to build yourself up for a better day ahead? We’ve got you covered! Each of these 120 cloud quotes is hand-picked and guaranteed to inspire!
- Extrinsic motivation is the use of external rewards and punishment to motivate action. Learn how to make it work for you!
- Learn why more and more women are taking on leadership roles and choosing to become an “alpha female.”